Hi! I’m Jo, the photographer here at Joanne Wynne Photography.
I’m a wife, a mum, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I live in Chester Hill, NSW with my two beautiful children, and my husband – who I often refer to as my man child. We also have a loveable, goofy Labrador (who is currently going through the terrible twos!), and a grumpy anti-social cat (whose favourite pastime is sleeping in the dog’s giant bed).
My family are my favourite people in the whole world, and Sunday dinners sitting around my parents dining table, talking, laughing and eating, are probably my favourite time of the week.
10 things you probably don’t know about me…
1. I pretty much always wear jeans and a black t-shirt. Occasionally I switch it up with grey or navy, but 29 days out of 30, I’m in a black tee and jeans.
2. I love travelling, seeing the world is my favourite thing to do! Luckily, my kids are great little travellers, and are always up for the next adventure. So far I have explored China, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Scotland, England and Fiji, and with my hubby being a kiwi, New Zealand is pretty much our second home. I’ve started blogging about our family adventures – day trips, holidays and family friendly spots we’ve discovered. If you love exploring too, head over to the travel section on my blog to get some inspiration for your next trip!
3. I HATE having my photo taken. I much prefer to be the person behind the camera, but I stepped outside my comfort zone and took the photos above, in my backyard with my tripod and trigger… I felt like an idiot, but I actually love them! Next step – to take some family selfies!
4. I am a trained childcare worker! I previously worked in long day care, preschools and special schools for 12 years.
5. I love working with repeat clients. Watching their families grow and change over the years, is the most amazing privilege and something I am thankful for every single day.
6. I’m addicted to Kmart and Ikea. I love storage, and pretty things. I can’t help it!
7. My kids really don’t like posing for pictures. I think I ruined it for them… Most of our photos are action shots these days, and to get a nice family photo, requires the promise of ice-cream or chocolate (so don’t worry if your kids aren’t super excited about a family photoshoot – I get it).
8. We’ve been in our house for almost 10 years, but I’ve only just started hanging photos on our walls! We’ve constantly been renovating, and it’s never felt like the time to decorate. And now we have so many photos, I don’t know where to start! I’ve been pinning gallery wall ideas like crazy on Pinterest, so if you need inspiration too, head over and have a look…
9. I love coffee. But only before 3pm, or I won’t sleep for days.
10. I hate cooking dinner! When I was a teenager I never understood my Mum not knowing what to cook for dinner, and hated it when she made us choose, or take turns cooking when we were older, but now – I get it! I’ve started trying new recipes, to try and get a bit more excited about cooking, and to expand the range of dishes my fussy little eaters will eat. When I find a good one I’ll blog about it – surely I’m not the only mum who’s in search of the quick, easy, delicious, kid approved meal (I mean really, finding a unicorn has to be easier!)